- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week)
- £29577 - £35745
- Occupational group
- Care/Social Work - Children's
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Children and Family Services - Directorate
- Closing Date
- 04 November 2020
- Shortlisting date
- 05 November 2020
- Proposed Interview Date
- 16 November 2020
- Place of work
- Various Citywide Locations HU2 9DB
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Alexandra Campbell (Head of Service Children Safeguarding)
- Contact telephone
- 07850 255 528
At Hull City Council we are committed to our children and young people and we are passionate about how we deliver services to them. That’s why we are developing and nurturing a culture that puts our children and young people at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our workforce to work together to find solutions, to be open, honest and respectful, to take responsibility and listen and learn from others.
If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you. Hull is a changing local authority and it’s a fantastic time to join us and be a key player in supporting our journey.
We have opportunities for social workers to join Hull and there has never been a better time than right now, if successful you will join a welcoming service where expectations are high, and where you will receive excellent support and supervision in the role. We are investing in safeguarding services in order to drive service improvement and achieve better outcomes for the children and families in Hull. We want passionate and experienced staff to join us on our improvement journey.
We require all social workers to have:
- A degree or diploma in Social Work, full Social Work England registration and a proven ability to work in partnership with children, young people, parents, carers and partners;
- A strong child-centred value base that informs the work with children, young people and families;
- A relentless commitment to quality and a child’s lived experience – and be able to talk about what good practice ‘looks like’ for children, young people and families;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage and motivate children, young people and their families;
- Effective assessment, analysis and planning skills
About Us - We have the opportunities in the following areas of work:
- Locality initial assessment teams
- Locality teams working with children who have been assessed as requiring longer term intervention
- Looked After Children Team
- 16+ Looked After Children Team
- Early Help & Safeguarding Hub
Why it's great to work for Hull City Council:
- Relocation Allowance for newly appointed staff moving from outside the area
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Free Parking on most sites (City Centre sites – reduced price parking passes
- Laptops and mobile phones for all social workers
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Cycle to Work and car schemes
- Pool Car availability
- Supportive and forward-thinking culture
- Great career development opportunities
We understand that you may have questions, or want to speak to someone who already works here
to find out more about Hull. Please feel free to contact Alex Campbell, Head of Service Children Safeguarding, on 07850255528 to discuss the current opportunities in more detail.
Shortlisting: 5/6 November 2020
Interviews: w/c 16 November 2020
Please ensure that you complete and submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to amend the dates associated with this advert, which may include closing the advert early where required.
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced & Childrens Barring List Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.