- Full Time Equivalent Salary (based on a 37 hour working week)
- £25295 - £31371
- Occupational group
- Care/Social Work - Children's
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 & 18.5
- Children and Family Services - Directorate
- Closing Date
- 30 April 2020
- Shortlisting date
- 01 May 2020
- Proposed Interview Date
- 18 May 2020
- Place of work
- East Locality Team, Hull; Kenworthy House, Hull; North Locality, McMillan Centre, Hull; West Locality, Children, Families and Young People Services, Hull HU1 2DB
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Sarah Gibson
- Contact telephone
- 01482 616364
Hull is a city with a renewed sense of optimism, with our City of Culture status and is a great City in which to live and to work. We have opportunities for newly qualified or experienced social workers to join Hull and there has never been a better time than right now, if successful you will join a welcoming service where expectations are high, but you will receive excellent support and supervision in the role. We are investing in safeguarding services in order to drive service improvement and achieve better outcomes for the children and families in Hull. We want passionate and experienced staff to join us on our improvement journey.
We require all social workers to have:
- A strong child-centred value base that informs the work with children, young people and families;
- A relentless commitment to quality and a child’s lived experience – and be able to talk about what good practice ‘looks like’ for children, young people and families;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage and motivate children, young people and their families in a range of circumstances;
- Effective assessment, analysis and planning skills
About Us We have the opportunities in the following areas of work;
- Locality initial assessment teams
- Locality teams working with children who have been assessed as requiring longer term intervention
- Looked After Children Teams
- 16+ Looked After Children Team
As well as competitive pay and reward other benefits include:
- Relocation Allowance available to minimise any financial detriment which may be incurred by newly appointed staff moving from outside the area
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Parking on most sites (exception is City Centre sites – but reduced price parking passes are available for these)
- Laptops and mobile phones for all social workers, to enable them to work smarter and more flexibly.
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Salary sacrifice schemes – child care vouchers, cycle to work and car schemes available
- Pool Car availability for out of town visits
We understand that you may have questions, or want to speak to someone who already works here to find out more about Hull. That is why we have a dedicated in-house coordinator on hand to talk to you or signpost you to the right team or person. Simply contact Sarah Gibson on 01482 616364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
We welcome applications from people who have not yet completed their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment, their starting grade would be a grade 7 raising to a grade 8 as soon as the ASYE is completed.
We will initially be shortlisting for this post on the 24 Feb 2020 – Interviews will take place on the 10 March
We will accept further applications beyond this date as we will be shortlisting on flow and the advert will close when we have enough successful candidates.
A second round of shortlisting is planned for the 11th March with interviews on the 25 March 20.
A final round of shortlisting for this campaign will take place on the 01 May and interviews on the 18 May 20.
Please ensure that you complete and submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to amend the dates associated with this advert, which may include closing the advert early where required.
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment to the above post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced & Childrens Barring List Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.