Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE)
Want to achieve an accredited award, learn new skills and put yourself to the challenge? Then the Duke of Edinburgh Award (DofE) is for you.
The DofE activities for a bronze, silver and gold award include -
- volunteering – helping someone, your community or the environment
- physical – becoming fitter through sport, dance or fitness activities
- skills – developing existing talents or trying something new
- expedition – planning, training for and completing an adventurous journey
- residential – (gold award only) staying and working away from home as part of a team
Anybody aged 14 to 24 years old can get involved.
Not only are the awards great to have on your CV, the activities are also a lot of fun, will help you build your confidence and are a great way meet new friends.
How to get involved
The Duke of Edinburgh Award group meet up at a range of schools and youth centres, so if you would like to get involved telephone the team on 01482 300 300 or email email@example.com.