We organise training on a range of child safety, protection, awareness and understanding to staff and volunteers who come into contact with children, young people and/or families in Hull.
The training is available to all board member agencies and the voluntary sector.
Responding to an unexpected child death
New training dates for 2017 and application form are on the child death review section of our website.
Access the child death review section of the website
Hull Safeguarding Children Board training strategy 2012 - 2015
You can apply for courses on the online training manager (link opens in a new window). Alternatively application forms are available to download below –
Benefits of our training
Employers are responsible for ensuring their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare and they are aware of how to respond to safeguarding concerns.
The purpose of our training is to achieve better outcomes for children and young people by developing –
- a shared understanding of tasks, processes, principles and roles and responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- a more effective and integrated approach to services, both at a strategic and individual level
- improving communication between professionals
- a common understanding of key terms, definitions and thresholds for intervention and action
- effective working relationships enabling staff to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- sound decision making based on -
- information sharing
- thorough assessment
- critical analysis
- informed professional judgement