Hull Safeguarding Children Board
Signs of abuse 

If you are worried about a child or family, contact -

Early Help and Safeguarding Hub:
Tel: 01482 448 879

Out of hours immediate help team:
Tel: 01482 300 304

Child in immediate danger:
Tel - 999

Police non-emergency:
Tel - 101

Follow us on Twitter (link opens in a new window)

Raise a concern

If a child or young person you know is being bullied, abused or is a victim of crime, we all have a responsibility to stop it from happening.


If urgent action is needed because you think a child is in immediate danger, contact the police on 999.

Non emergency

If you want to discuss your concerns or need advice (for example if you are not sure if your concerns are justified) please contact us on any of the following telephone numbers -

  • Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) on 01482 448 879 during normal office hours
  • Immediate Help team on 01482 300 304 out of normal office hours

As a member of the public, you do not have to give your name and contact details if you do not wish to. If you do give your name, you can ask that your identity is not revealed to the parents and carer of the child concerned.

As a professional you will need to share your identity with the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub when raising a concern.

What happens after your have reported a concern

All child protection concerns will be taken seriously and referrals will be considered and acted upon appropriately.

The Early Help and Safeguarding Hub will talk to the police to decide what should happen next. Usually this involves starting an enquiry and you may be contacted for further information.

Due to the confidential nature of this work, you will not be given detailed information about the outcome of an enquiry. However, you will be told whether an enquiry is taking place.

Confirmation of referral to the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH)

All telephone contacts made by professionals which result in a referral must be followed up by the referring agency in writing within 48 hours of the conversation using the Multi-Agency Contact and Referral form (below). You may find it helpful to also use this form as a way of recording your contact with Children's social care.

Access the Contact and Referral form (electronic and handwritten versions) here
Reporting montage