Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Council and democracy > Council tax > Bills and recovery > ...
Bills and recovery

Charging orders

If you owe £1000 or more that is subject to a liability order, the council can apply to the County Court for a charge on your property.

This would fall in priority behind any existing charge from, say, your mortgage lender. But like your mortgage it can also attract interest payments.

If a charging order is made and you fail to make payment of the council tax plus interest then your home is at risk because the council may apply to the County Court for an order for sale of the property.

If you owe the council any kind of sizeable debt, it is essential that you contact the council tax section and agree a programme of payments.

Contact us

You can contact us via any customer service centre or by our online enquiry form.

Local taxation
Hull City Council
PO Box 15

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Fax: 01482 613 562

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017