Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Council and democracy > Council tax > [ Disabled relief ]
Council tax

Disabled relief

If your home has certain features which are essential or very important to the well-being of a person with a disability, your bill may be reduced.

If eligible, you will receive a one band reduction in your bill. For example, if your home is in band D, your bill will be reduced to the amount payable for a band C dwelling.

If your home is in band A the banding cannot be reduced. However, you will receive a reduction which will be the same in cash terms as the reduction for bands B, C and D.

Grounds that may entitle you to disabled relief are -

  • a room which is mainly used for meeting the needs of the disabled person
  • second bathroom or kitchen required for meeting the needs of the disabled person
  • a wheelchair used indoors by the disabled person

Contact us

Local taxation
Hull City Council
PO Box 15

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Fax: 01482 613 562

You can contact us online using the form below -

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017