Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Housing > Housing benefit, council tax reduction > [ Help with forms ]
Housing benefit, council tax reduction

Help with forms

If you need help to complete one of our forms, you can -

  • visit a customer service centre (CSC) or information point (IP) where a member of staff can help you to complete the form.

    Find your nearest customer service centre or information point

  • request a home visit and a visiting officer will help you complete the form in your own home. To request a home visit, please telephone 01482 300 300
  • ask a third party to help you such as relative, friend, housing officer, landlord or welfare support officer.

    With your consent, third parties can also be told of agreed information and contacted for information on your behalf to help process your claim quicker. If you would like to give us your consent to contact and inform a third party on your behalf, please complete the form below -


A friend, relative or professional, who is over 18, can be chosen as an ‘appointee’ to act on behalf of you or someone you know, if it is not possible for you or the person you know to deal with day to day affairs. An appointee takes over all rights and responsibilities in relation to a housing and/or council tax claim and should recognise they will be responsible for -

  • making the claim for housing and council tax benefit
  • notifying us of any relevant changes in the claimant’s circumstances
  • the repayment of any overpaid housing and/or council tax benefit

You can request an appointee form by telephoning 01482 300 300.

Contact us

Hull City Council Revenues and Benefits Service
PO Box 15

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017