Let's help you
Information for Private Sector tenants
Hull City Council has teamed with a new website service to offer you a new way of searching for affordable rented accommodation in the private sector.
The new approach puts tenants and landlords directly in touch with each other without recourse to local authority intervention, thus speeding up the process for those tenants seeking new housing accommodation, and reducing vacant property times for landlords.
It has been successfully developed and piloted in West Yorkshire. It is available to all UK local authorities and Hull City Council is one of the first to adopt the service in our commitment to ease recent and forthcoming changes through welfare reforms. In particular, this service will help those seeking alternative accommodation as new rules to housing provision start to apply.
The new website service is free to use for both landlords and tenants. It is also built with simplicity in mind and landlords will find it quick and easy to use and advertise their properties. A built-in calculator compares all rents to the maximum amount of housing benefit so that searching tenants in receipt of housing benefit will instantly know if a property is affordable or not.
Visit the Lets Help You website for further information or to search for a property (opens in a new window)
Additional information for Landlords
The website is ready for you to enter your property details and offer residents a new way of searching for affordable rented accommodation in the private sector across the Hull district.
This website is where Hull’s housing advisors will now send hundreds of prospective private tenants to see what’s available. So now is the time to get your vacant property details on LetsHelpYou.
How to register
Visit the website and follow the 'register' link (opens in a new window)
Once you’ve signed in, follow the simple instructions to upload your property details and images. Further assistance is available in the Help section of the site.
Other landlord benefits of the service include -
- Immediate free advertising for all your Hull properties
- The housing allowance calculator shows potential tenants their likely benefit entitlement and the rent they can afford
- Data analysis – sign-up for the weekly Landlord Property Tracker email to see how many have viewed your properties
- Tenant Property Tracker alert sent when suitable properties are added that match their criteria
- Use your Smartphone! Download the free LetsHelpYou app from Google Play Store, or from the App Store for iOS devices
- Letshelpyou.co.uk is available in over 65 languages, to maximise users
- The service is available in many local authority areas. If you have properties in any of these areas upload details for more free advertising. See the full list of participating authorities in the Landlords’ Help Section, or use the ‘switch’ arrow on the Home page (top left next to the logo)”