Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Adult social care > Financial advice for adult social care > ...
Direct payments

Employing an agency worker

Financing an agency worker

You can use your direct payments to use an agency to provide your care support.

More information about direct payments

Choosing an agency

There are many agency workers in Hull you could choose to use and you may have identified the one you want at the support planning stage. Now it is just a matter of agreeing a start date with them and letting your support worker know.

It is important that you discuss with the agency what you want from their staff and how you want them to treat you.

If you do not know which agency you wish to use and would like further information about agencies, please contact us on 01482 300 300.

Mix your care services

You can have a combination of services to provide your care. This includes choosing from an agency, employing a PA or services organised by social care services at the council. You can use your direct payment to pay towards these services.

Sometime it takes time to set up a personal assistant. You can choose to use an agency at the beginning of your support plan and then end their contract once you have a personal assistant available.

Ensure your support worker knows what you are doing as you need to keep within your agreed budget.

What to do if you are not happy with the agency

At all times you should expect to be treated with respect and dignity and if you feel a worker is not acting appropriately ring the agency to tell them. Always remember you are in control. Quickly let the agency know if their staff are not reaching the standards you have laid down.

You can also contact your support worker if you feel you support plan needs to be changed.

Paying the agency

The agency will send you an invoice for the work they have done which you will pay from your direct payment bank account. Keep all invoices for your audit.

Contact us

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017