Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Adult social care > [ Getting help from adult social care ]
Adult social care
Apply for support from adult social care 
Assessment process for adult social care 
Support plan 

Getting support from adult social care

Apply for support

If you are over 18, live in Hull and feel you may need support, contact us to discuss how we might be able to help. You can contact us yourself or ask someone else to do it for you.

Find out how to apply for support

Eligibility for help from adult social care

The Care Act brings in a national eligibility framework which sets out when someone's needs must be met by the local authority. The eligibility threshold is not just based on needs but on whether someone can achieve certain outcomes and how this affects their wellbeing.

Access adult social care Factsheets (opens in a new window)

Assessments for adult social care

When you contact us we will ask you for details that will help us understand if we can help. We will use the information you give us to work out whether we are able to offer you services.

More information about assessments for adult social care

Your support plan

If your assessment shows you are eligible for support, we carry out a financial assessment to work out what your contribution is and we pay the rest of the cost. Our contribution and your contribution are added together to make up your personal budget. We support you to develop a plan which sets out clearly what you want to achieve and what support you would like in order to achieve it. You get a copy of it and anyone providing support to you receives a copy so that everyone knows what you want. This is called your support plan.

More information about support plans

Self directed support

Self directed support means that you take the lead in identifying what support you want to meet the outcomes you want to achieve. These outcomes could be general ones such as being safe or specific ones such as being able to see friends or being able to prepare your own meal. Your choice and control and your independence are at the heart of self directed support.

Contact us

Please contact us at any one of our customer service centres –

Customer service centres
Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017