Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Adult social care > Transport for older or disabled people > ...
Transport for older or disabled people

Wheelchairs and rollators

How to request a wheelchair or rollator

One of the ways to get a wheelchair or rollator is through the NHS. To request either a new wheelchair or a short term loan of a wheelchair for medical reasons (for example illness or an accident), please contact your GP or hospital consultant. They will make a referral for an assessment to the Services to Aid Independent Living (SAIL).

The following organisations also supply wheelchairs on short-term loans. Please contact them for details of any eligibility criteria and charging.

  • British Red Cross Society - Tel: 01482 499 830
  • Age Concern - Tel: 01482 324 644
  • Hull Council for Disabled People - Tel: 01482 326 140

Repairs, servicing or collection of wheelchairs

For repairs, servicing and collection of wheelchairs, please contact Services to Aid Independent Living (SAIL) on 0844 893 6375. Please note SAIL can only provide this service if the wheelchair was supplied by them. If you bought the chair privately, you are responsible for any repairs.

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017