Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Environment > Recycling and waste > [ Unwanted bulky items ]
Recycling and waste
Bulky item collection 
Re-run charity collection 

Unwanted bulky items

If you have an unwanted bulky item that will not fit or cannot be collected safely in your household waste black refuse bin, there are a number of options available to you.

Items in good working order

  • Re-run logoFree collection from Re-run - if your unwanted item is in good working order, free from tears, unsoiled and under cover, you can get it collected for free by a charitable organisation called Re-run.

    Find out if your item can be collected by Re-run and arrange a collection

  • Don’t throw it away, give it away with Freegle - you might not need your old sofa or wheelbarrow anymore but there might be someone just around the corner who does.

    By signing up to Freegle, you can offer your unwanted items free to people throughout Hull and do your bit for the environment too.

    Visit the Freegle website to find out more or sign up (link opens in a new window)

Bulky item collectionItems that cannot be reused

Contact us

Waste management
Hull City Council
Staveley House
Stockholm Road

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017