History of Hull City Hall
In 1900, Hull Corporation started the "Junction Street" scheme to form a centrally located square within Hull, known as Queen Victoria Square.
In 1903, Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales laid the Foundation stone for a public hall with a front entrance facing the square.
While records suggest that City Hall, consisting of a principal hall and three reception halls, was never formally opened, it was in full use by 1909.
In 1941, Hull was badly bombed and the City Hall sustained extensive damage to the roof, main hall, and the organ was badly affected. This led to the closure of the City Hall.
However in 1950, the City Hall reopened and the following year in, 1951, the restored organ was reopened.