Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Children and families > Disabled children > ...
Disabled children

Children with a physical disability

If your child has a physical disability, we can offer you information, support and advice about -

  • practical support for you and your child for things such as -
    • specialist aids, adaptations and equipment for children
    • mobility and transport schemes that are available
    • financial help and support for you and your child
    • activities, short breaks and residential services for you and your child

  • personal care needs such as -
    • physiotherapy
    • speech therapy
    • counselling and emotional well being services

  • information about other specialist organisations who can offer help, advice and support tp parents and carers of a disabled child

  • education and learning advice such as educational statements, accessing special and additional needs schooling

  • information and support on housing

Getting an assessment of your child’s needs

To access some services your child may need an assessment of their needs. You can refer your child by contacting us. We will consider if a 'child in need' assessment is required and will inform you of the outcome. Alternatively you can referred by your GP, health visitor or other health professionals.

If, following an assessment, a care plan is identified with you and your child, the assessment will take into account three areas -

  • the child's development needs
  • family and environment factors
  • parenting capacity

Some of the support services that are available are jointly provided by social care and health services.

Contact us

Children and Families Disability Team

Children and Families Disability Team
Hull City Council
Bellfield House
Middlesex Road

Telephone: 01482 300 300

Fax: 01482 612 467

Opening times
Monday – Thursday - 8.30am - 5pm
Friday - 8.30am - 4.30pm

Please note the pin on the map is based on the postcode only and may not be placed at the exact location of the building

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017