Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Housing > Private housing > Private sector tenants > ...
Private sector tenants
 See also
Deposits protection


When you move into a rented property your landlord should provide you with an inventory. An inventory is a list of everything that your landlord has provided with the property you're renting. This might include -

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • appliances

It should also state the condition everything is in.

You should check it carefully to make sure that it is correct. If you think changes need to be made, discuss these with your landlord.

If your landlord won't provide an inventory, you can make one yourself and get an independent witness (someone who doesn't live in the property) to sign it and send a copy to the landlord. It also helps if you take photos of the property (especially any existing damage) when you first move in.

Contact us

Private Housing (Environmental Health) Team
Hull City Council
Alfred Gelder Street

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349


Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017