If you have a disability, find out what support we can offer you, including equipment and adaptations, day care, and options for getting out and about.
Dual sensory loss (hearing and visual loss)
Register as disabled
If you have a disability, you can register as a disabled person with us. You do not have to register, but it may help in getting concessions such as reduced fares for public transport.
More information about registering as disabled
Getting out and about
There are a wide range of travel options to suit your needs, including –
- blue badge scheme – a blue badge that allows you to park close to shops and amenities
- concessionary travel passes – including bus passes and rail cards
- wheelchairs and rollators
- community transport – wheelchair and scooter accessible buses which provide a Dial a Ride service to you, to pick you up and take you wherever you want to go
- Motability – a government scheme which allows you to affordable lease an adapted car, which you or two other people can drive
More information about transport for disabled people
Disabled public toilets
Some of our public toilets have facilities for the disabled.
For more information about our public toilets including those that have disabled facilities please call 01482 300 300.
Equipment and adaptations to the home
If you are disabled or you are experiencing difficulty with daily living activities, specialist equipment and adaptations can help you to remain living independently and safely in your own home. We can provide help to private home owners and council tenants.
More information about equipment and adaptations
Disabled facilities grants
If you or someone that you live with has a disability, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance to pay for adaptations to your home.
More information about the disabled facilities grant
Please contact us at any one of our customer service centres –
Find your nearest customer service centre
Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349