Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Transport and streets > Road and path maintenance > [ Spillages ]
Road and path maintenance

Report a spillage

We are responsible for the cleaning and removal of spillages on all adopted roads.   

If you find a spillage such as oil, blood, petrol or body fluids on a road within the city boundary you can report it to us.  

How to report a spillage

You can telephone 01482 300 300 to report a spillage please give details of the -

  • exact location of the spillage
  • size of the spillage
  • cause of the spillage

To report a spillage on the A63 contact The Highways Agency on 0845 955 6575.

What happens next

The area is inspected and treated within 24 hours.

Private roads

Some roads are owned privately and it is the owner's responsibility to take care of them. If you report a spillage and we find out it is on a private road, we will try to contact the owner to report the problem.

Contact us

Streetscene Services
Hull City Council
Stockholm Road Depot
Stockholm Road
Tel: 01482 300 300

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017