Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Planning > [ Tree preservation orders ]

Tree preservation orders

If you wish to fell or carry out other works to a tree within a conservation area, or to a tree covered by a tree preservation order (TPO), you will need the council's approval. Carrying out works to protected trees without consent could result in prosecution.

You can request approval by downloading and completing the PDF treeworks application form below -

How to find out if there is a tree preservation order on a tree

You can find out which trees are covered by a tree preservation order by contacting the planning office on 01482 300 300.

Other trees that may be protected

Sometimes when an area is redeveloped, planning permission is given on the condition the trees in the area are protected. If you wish to carry out works to a tree with this protection, you will need to write to us for approval. You should clearly explain what you intend to do and enclose a plan that identifies the tree.

You can find out if a tree is protected by contacting us on 01482 300 300.

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017