Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Adult social care > Support to stay at home > ...
Support to stay at home
 Web links
Red Cross - medical equipment


Social services and health staff can assist people who are in danger of becoming less independent because of a health problem such as a recent stroke, or an injury, to help them to recover skills and confidence.

The support is usually to help with personal care - washing, meals, using the toilet, and so on - rather than domestic tasks (such as ironing, house cleaning).

People who could benefit from this help will usually be referred to us by hospital staff or through community health staff, such as doctors or nurses.

If you are at home, you will be visited by a member of staff from one of the care management teams who will undertake an assessment of your needs and arrange services that will assist your recovery.

How to request support

If you feel that you need short term help because of illness, or because you have suffered an injury, you can contact us. We would then talk to you about your needs, and assess what support we may be able to provide. 

Contact us 

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Alternatively, please visit any customer service centre

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017