Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Adult social care > [ Adult social care and how it can help ]
Adult social care

Adult social care and how it can help you

Adult social care is a term that covers the wide range of services that we can offer people aged 18 and over who have social care needs. This might include you if -

  • health problems, physical disability, learning disability, sensory impairments or mental health problems mean that you need support to be safe or live independently
  • you are a carer providing necessary care or support to someone over 18. The person you care for does not have to live with you or be a member of your family

Types of support we offer

The types of support we can offer include -

  • advice and information about what is available in Hull
  • assessment of your needs or support to assess your own needs
  • help to live more independently by providing services such as home care services, day opportunities, equipment or adaptations to your home
  • reablement which gives you temporary support if you have been in hospital, had an accident or illness, or any crisis which means you need a little extra help. The reablement team help you learn or regain skills to be able to live as independently as you can
  • direct payments, which are cash payments we may be able to give you instead of providing care and support services so you can buy them yourself
  • telecare services such as lifeline, medication dispensers, sensors which let someone know if you have got up in the night and much more. Telecare is about useful gadgets, equipment and technology which can help you stay safe and independent
  • supported housing
  • respite care
  • residential or nursing care

How our support can help

We will offer this support to help you to -

  • live more independently
  • maintain relationships with the people who matter to you
  • access work, training, education or volunteering
  • access necessary services in your local community including leisure facilities
  • care for your children

Contact us

To access adult social care you can - 

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017