Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Environment > Recycling and waste > [ Trade waste collection ]
Recycling and waste
Find a registered carrier 
How to register as a carrier 
Investigating trade waste carriers 
Report illegal waste carriers 
Trade waste collection service 
 Web links
Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP)

Trade waste collection

All businesses have a duty of care under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to keep their waste safe and for the disposal of all their recyclable materials and commercial waste.

Business rates do not cover any recycling or waste collections. Therefore you are responsible for the management of all the waste that your business produces.

How to find or check a registered waste carrier

If your business is in Hull, we can offer you a competitive trade waste and recycling collection service.

Find out more about our trade waste and recycling collection service

You can also find a registered carrier or check the collection service you use are registered on the Environment Agency website.

Find out more about finding or checking registered waste carriers

How to report illegal waste carriers

If you have witnessed an illegal waste carrier, report it to us online.

Report an illegal waste carrier

Who needs to register as an authorised person (registered waste carrier)

Unless you qualify for an exemption, if you want to transport controlled wastes in England and Wales as part of your business or otherwise with a view to profit or gain, you need to register with the Environment Agency as an authorised person.

Find out more about exemptions or how to register as an authorised waste carrier

Inspections of trade waste carriers

From time to time our environmental crime unit may use investigatory powers to conduct appropriate investigations through the use of lawfully directed surveillance.

Find out more about inspections or how to complain about an inspection

Recycling advice for businesses

If you are a small or medium sized business (less than 250 staff) and would like more information about recycling, the Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) may be able to help.

They can advise on how to start or develop an in-house recycling scheme, help you to train your staff on the benefits of recycling and help you find a suitable local recycling service.

For more information contact the Recycle at Work Advisor (Yorkshire and Humber) on 0113 237 8428.

Visit the Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP) website (link opens in a new window)

Contact us

Hull City Council
Kingston House
Bond Street

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint

Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017