Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Environment > Environmental nuisance > [ Dust, steam or smell ]
Environmental nuisance

Dust, steam or smell

This category of nuisance cannot be used against residential property. However if there are emissions from industrial trade or business premises that are likely to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance, action can be taken.

There are a number of different powers that council officers within the environmental health service can use to control smoke.

What is required to access the service

When making a complaint we will require the following information -

  • your name, address and telephone number
  • the best time to contact you
  • the address (or site) where the dust, steam or smell is coming from
  • details regarding your complaint or enquiry
  • anything you have done to try and deal with the problem

Contact us

Public protection division
Environmental protection section
33 Witham

Tel: 01482 300 300
Fax: 01482 615 579

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017