Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Business > [ Health and safety ]
Accidents at work 
Gas Safe Register 
Health and safety complaints 
Health and safety consultants 
Health and safety for businesses 
Health and safety inspections 
Health and safety investigations 
Health and safety legislation 
Tattoo hygiene rating scheme 
 See also
Cooling towers registration
Personal treatment licences
 Web links
Health and Safety Executive (HSE)

Health and safety

Report an accident or incident at work

Report an accident or incident at work - You have a legal duty to tell the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of certain types of injury, disease and dangerous occurrence at your work. Find out how to report it.

Health and safety for new businesses

Health and safety for businesses - If you are starting a business in Hull, you have health and safety legal responsibilities as an employer. Find out more about how we can help you.

Health and safety for inspections

Health and safety inspections - Find out about when inspections take place and what happens during an inspection.

Health and safety complaints or concerns

Health and safety complaints or concerns - If you have a concern about health and safety in a specific workplace - find out more about what action to take, who to contact and what happens after the complaint is made.

Health and safety investigations

Health and safety investigations - Find out how we investigate health and safety complaints, accidents and other incidents.

Gas Safe Register

Gas Safe Register - Find out how to check an installer is on the register, how to report an illegal gas worker, or how to become a registered gas engineer.

Health and safety legislation

Health and safety legislation - Find out what general legislation and what legislation applies to all businesses, and what legislation applies specifically to your industry.

Personal treatment licences

Personal treatment licences - Find out how to register a hairdressers, barbers, acupuncturists, tattooists, ear piercers, body piercers and premises carrying out electrolysis.

Cooling towers registration

Cooling towers registration - If you are in charge of cooling towers and evaporative condensers in Hull, you must register the premises with us.


Smokefree - Virtually all enclosed public places and workplaces in England must be smokefree under law. Find out about the legislation and how you can maintain a smokefree England in your workplace.

Contact us

Health and Safety
Environmental Health
Hull City Council
33 Witham

Tel: If you are a business please call 01482 300 301. If you are a member of the public please call 01482 300 300.
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Fax: 01482 615 518

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint

Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017