Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Business > [ Food business ]
Complain about food safety 
Food business inspections 
Food hygiene ratings 
Food poisoning 
Food safety and hygiene 
Gas safety in food businesses 
Healthier Options Award 
Legal action and enforcement 
New food business 
Registering a food business 
Withdrawals, recalls and food alerts 

Food business

Setting up a new food business

Setting up a new food business - We can provide guidance about setting up a new food business, including safe food hygiene practices and structural requirements for your business premises.

Registering a food business

Registering a food business - If you are starting a new food business you must register your premises with us at least 28 days before opening. Registration is free.

Food safety and hygiene

Food safety and hygiene - If you have a food business, you must have procedures in place to manage food safely, and have certain facilities on your site.

Food hygiene ratings

Food hygiene ratings (formerly scores on the doors) - Each inspected food business in Hull is given a hygiene score, using the Food Standards Agency food hygiene rating scheme. You can use this to choose where you eat out or shop.

Healthier Options Award

Healthier Options Award - The award recognises catering businesses that provide a healthier environment and healthier food choices. Find out how to nominate your business.

Complaining about food safety

Complain about food safety - You can make a complaint about food safety whether you are a member of the public or a trader. We will investigate complaints about food or a food premises.

Food export certificate

Food export certificate - If you have a food business and wish to export food to outside the European Union, you must have a food export certificate.

Food poisoning

Food poisoning - If you think your food poisoning has been caused by food from a restaurant or other food business in Hull, we need to know so we can investigate the business in question.

Food business inspections

Food business inspections - Find out about when inspections of food businesses take place and what happens in an inspection.

Food safety legal action and enforcement

Food safety legal action and enforcement - During a food business inspection there are a number of enforcement actions that we may take where poor conditions have persisted, or where there is a risk to public health.

Food product withdrawals, recalls and food alerts

Food product withdrawals, recalls and food alerts - Find out about recent withdrawals and recalls, and what action we take when a national food alert is issued.

Contact us

Food Safety Section
Environmental Health
Hull City Council
33 Witham

Tel: 01482 300 301
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Fax: 01482 615 518

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint

Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017