Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Business > Permits, licences and registration > [ Licensing Act 2003 ]
Permits, licences and registration
Club premises 
Current Licensing Act 2003 applications 
Personal licence 
Premises licence 
Temporary event notice 
 Web links
Giving your views on licensing decisions - Licensing Act 2003
Licensing Act 2003 explained
Making representations - Licensing Act 2003

Licensing Act 2003Hull's Pave cafe bar

The Licensing Act 2003 covers any or all of the following in a single premises licence -

  • supplying alcohol
  • providing regulated entertainment
  • providing late night refreshment

Hull City Council receives, processes and issues all licences and notices under the Licensing Act 2003.

We also offer advice on -

  • the application process
  • how to make representation against an application
  • how to request a review on any current licence

New Mandatory Licensing Conditions - 1 October 2014

The Licensing Act 2003 (Mandatory Licensing Conditions) (Amendment) Order 2014 amends the mandatory conditions that were introduced in 2010 relating to irresponsible drinks promotions, age verification policies and single measures of wines and spirits. The conditions will apply to all relevant premises licences and club premises certificates which authorise the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises, with the exception of the age verification condition, which will also apply to licences and certificates which permit the supply of alcohol for consumption off the premises.

The new conditions came into force on 1 October 2014 and all new and amended licences issued after that date will carry the new conditions. Should premises licence holders wish to have their current licence reissued with the amended conditions added, then an application for a replacement licence can be made to the Licensing Section.

For more information contact the Licensing Section.

Current licence applications

You can access pending Licensing Act 2003 applications here.

Access licence applications

Licensing Act 2003 – Statement of Licensing Policy - revised 2013

How to make a representation

Please note, any representation or notice of objection must be made within 28 days of the Licensing Section receiving the application.

Any representation/objection must be made in writing to -

Licensing Section
Licensing Act Team
33 Witham

Please download the following guidance if you wish to make a representation (objections or submissions) about applications for -

  • new premises licences or club certificates
  • variations to existing premises licences or club certificates
  • provisional statements

The guidance document also explains the hearing process.

Contact us

Licensing section
Hull City Council
33 Witham

Tel: 01482 300 301
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Fax: 01482 615 554

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint

Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017