Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Business > Permits, licences and registration > Gambling Act 2005 > ...
Gambling Act 2005

Gambling permits

Permits are required when premises provide gambling but either the stakes and prizes are very low or gambling is not the main function of the premises. Permits regulate gambling and the use of gaming machines at a specific property.
The types of permit available from 1 September 2007 will be -

Changing from the Gaming Act 1968 to the Gambling Act 2005

The transitional arrangements page provides further details about what you must do if you hold a current licence/permit and want to continue operating beyond 1 September 2007, when the Gambling Act 2005 comes into force.

Application forms and fees

As yet the official fees, application forms and documentation have not been released, but once gambling regulations have been set they will be available here.

Contact us

Licensing section
Hull City Council
33 Witham 

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349
Fax: 01482 615 554

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint

Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017