Hull City Council
You are here: Home > Health and social care > Adult social care > Support to stay at home > ...
Housing for older or disabled people
Hull Extra Care PFI Project 
 Web links
Extra Care from Riverside

Extra care bedroom
Extra care kitchen
Extra care sitting room
Extra care dining room
Extra care housing

Extra care housing helps those in need of care and support live a more independent and enjoyable life. Unlike residential care homes, it provides people with their own individual home, designed and adapted to meet their care and support needs. It is not just for older people but for adults with learning, mental and physical needs. It provides one and two bedroom self contained apartments with on site tenancy support and emergency care available twenty four hours per day, seven days per week. An assessed package of care, as needed can be met by the onsite care provider.

Extra care housing is sometimes called housing with support. It can be a home for life enabling people to live with loved ones with the added security of onsite care and support in a community environment.

Residential care or extra care housing – the differences

You are either a tenant or a home owner with extra care housing (at present we offer only rented apartments). You have legal rights and your own front door, with complete privacy. The homes are more modern, very comfortable and allow you to live in your own home, come and go as you please and have friends and family to stay whenever you want.

People in extra care can range from those who require minimal care and support, to those who need 24 hour emergency care and support.

In order to be considered for extra care housing you must either have -

  • been identified as having a care need that is being met by Hull Adult Social Care
  • a care need which is currently being met by a family member
  • a progressive health condition

and be -

  • at least 18 years of age (including anyone that is to live with you) except where a transition plan is in place
  • on Hull City Council's housing waiting list

You must also meet the local connection criteria for extra care housing.

Further details about the local connection criteria are found in our Lettings Policy

PDF Icon Extra Care Strategy (size: 5 Mb)
(link opens in new window)

PDF Icon Apartments Details (size: 315.2 Kb)
(link opens in new window)

Contact us

For referrals please contact -

Hull City Council
The Wilson Centre
Alfred Gelder Street

Tel: 01482 300 300
Text phone: 01482 300 349

Go back a pageBack  Go to top of pageTop  Print this pagePrint


The display of third party advertising on this site is not an endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser’s goods or services. The council accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the advertisements nor the quality of the goods or services supplied.


Find my nearest...

Please enter your postcode

City of Culture logo
Visit the City of Culture 2017 website (link opens in a new window)

Hull City Council, Guildhall, Alfred Gelder Street, Hull, HU1 2AA

Sign up for council news and updates Subscribe to our RSS feedFind out about our Twitter profilesFind out about our Facebook pagesOur Flickr channelsYouTube channels

All Information © Hull City Council  2017